Act Now! will showcase career development opportunities in the hospitality industry and address skills gaps.
Suzy Jackson, executive director of the Hospitality Guild, explained that the campaign was designed to “meet the needs of businesses of all sizes”.
“With more than 2.5m people unemployed throughout the UK, the hospitality industry is in a fantastic position to be able to help move people into work, especially through apprenticeships – and at the same time address its current skills gaps.
“We want everyone to be able to take part, from small businesses that have never employed an apprentice before, through to large companies that are already employing hundreds of apprentices each year.
“We’ve developed a series of five simple steps that an employer can take, regardless of how big or small they are or whether they’ve employed an apprentice before.
“We wanted to create a campaign so that people knew exactly what they were being asked to do when we say Act Now!”
- Using pre-employment training designed specifically for the hospitality industry – or hiring someone who has completed the programme
- Hiring an apprentice by working with an apprenticeship training association, which acts in a similar way to a recruitment agency for apprentices
- Using innovative tools to deliver apprenticeships
- Becoming a registered Good Employer on the industry’s careers guidance website, UKSP
- Providing career progression by employing someone on a higher apprenticeship in hospitality management or progressing existing staff into new roles.