Download the pdf for full information on how to enter and read a case study of one pub that has strong links to its local community.
Pubs all around the UK are setting themselves apart from the competition by making a positive impact on their communities. Whether it be raising money for charity, hosting local sports clubs and groups, or running special events, these activities engender a thriving sense of community spirit. Pubs benefit from forging stronger links with customers, as well as increased sales and goodwill, while customers benefit from having a focal point of community activity and somewhere they can be proud of.
If you are one such pub, then you could be in with the chance of winning a fantastic prize, courtesy of the Publican’s Morning Advertiser and Britvic. Tell us about your community initiatives and £1,000 could be yours to spend on your project. On top of this four runners up will receive £250 and the first 10 entrants will get £100.
We are looking for pubs who are helping to transform their communities by doing one of more of the following:
• Taking a leading role in charitable or environmental projects that have a direct impact on the local area
• Building bonds with local people through a range of events
• Becoming a focal point for community activities and responding to community needs
To enter, contact the Publican’s Morning Advertiser and tell us about your project in no more than 250 words. Make sure you get your entries, with any supporting images, in by midnight 5th July 2013.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to: Britvic Community Pub Project, WRBM, Broadfield Park, Crawley, West Sussex, RH11 9RT
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The competition is open to UK residents aged 18 or over except employees of the promoter, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
- To enter visit http://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/smartlead/view/773684/1 or email email@example.com or send entries to Chris Duffet, The Publican’s Morning Advertiser, William Reed Publishing, Broadfield Park, Crawley, West Sussex, RH 11 9RT
- No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by a computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries not in accordance with the entry instructions will not be accepted.
- Closing date for entries is midnight 5th July 2013.
- Promotion limited to one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
- The prize: The lucky winner will receive £1,000 with four runners up each getting £250. The first 10 entries will receive £100 each to donate to a community initiative of their choice.
- Entrants will be selected against set criteria to qualify for the prize and chosen by Britvic and The Publican’s Morning Advertiser. Runners up will be case studied within the magazine, before the overall winner is selected and profiled by Britvic and The Publican’s Morning Advertiser.
- The designated criteria will take into account the retailer project being submitted and how this has benefitted a community or local area. For more details on the selection process please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The runners up will be notified by phone and the winner chosen by Friday 28th June 2013. Prizes will be dispatched by the end of July. All reasonable effort will be made to contact winners, however, if a winner cannot be contacted within 7 days an alternative winner may be chosen.
- The winners will be required to participate in publicity arising from this promotion to be featured within The Publican’s Morning Advertiser magazine for no further compensation.
- The promoter reserves the right to terminate, amend or extend this promotion in wholly exceptional circumstances outside its control.
- By entering the promotion, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Data Controller for the purposes of the administration of this promotion and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented. All entry instructions form part of the rules.
- The promoter will not share your details with any other organisation but would like to contact you with other brand information regarding Britvic products, including promotions, offers and so on.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English Law and the courts of England and Wales shall have jurisdiction.
Promoter and Data Controller: Britvic Soft Drinks Ltd, Breakspear Park, Breakspear Way, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 4TZ (Do not send entries to this address)