The Magners ‘Made in the Dark’ garden transformation competition has now ended. Please don’t send any entry forms as they will not be considered.
Darkness helps Magners make great-tasting ciders. Only in the dark, without a trace of light, can the juice be matured to perfection. So this year Magners is celebrating the dark by offering 15 lucky readers the chance to win a Magners ‘Made in the Dark’ garden transformation. – by making something great happen in the dark.
Offering an attractive, well laid-out garden this summer will add value to any establishment during this key period for cider sales. So we are looking for pubs and bars with gardens of all shapes and sizes and from all parts of the UK to enter our competition — whether it’s a city-centre bar with a roof terrace or a beach-front pub with sprawling sea views, we want to hear from you!
Each winner will receive a visit from our team of designers to measure up the space and provide a layout to complement the environment and make best use of the area. The gardens will be ‘Made in the Dark’ by a team of experts who will work overnight to ensure it is ready for business the next day.
When finished, the pubs will have a fantastic space where friends can have a great time, and enjoy a Magners cider. Another reason why Magners is the number-one modern cider in the UK1 and the brand most preferred by consumers2. What’s more, Magners will hold a launch party including promotional staff and free product to celebrate the new cider garden.
The Magners Made in the Dark campaign will run across TV, outdoor, digital and social media platforms over the summer, alongside investment in the on-trade with this opportunity to transform your garden
How to enter
Full details and a copy of the entry form can be downloaded by completing the form above. Once downloaded you can simply fill in the entry form online and email it along with 2-3 high quality images of your garden to MagnersGardenMakeover@wrbm.com or print it out and send it, along with pictures of your garden, to the address below.
Magners Cider Garden Makeover competition
The Publican’s Morning Advertiser
William Reed Business Media
Braodfield Park, Carwley
West Sussex RH11 9RT
Entries close on 1 June 2012
1 The Nielsen Company, 52 weeks to 24/12/2012, Value Sales
2 Hall & Partners research, February 2012
Terms and conditions
1. These Terms and Conditions apply to the Magners Garden Makeover Transformation Competition (“MGMT Competition”) in association with the Publican’s Morning Advertiser which runs from 4th May to 1st June 2012 (inclusive).
2. By participating in MGMT Competition, each entrant (the “Participant”) accepts and agrees by submitting an entry to comply with and abide by these Terms and Conditions and the decisions of Magners GB Limited (the "Promoter”) and by any other requirements set out in the Competition materials.
3. Entry and participation in the MGMT Competition is subject to the following conditions :
a) being an owner or tenant of a UK Public House or licensed outlet with a garden stocking Magners products and
b) placing orders on behalf of a UK Public House or licensed outlet.
4. A Magners cider product must be sold and stocked in the outlet named on the submission. Other Cider brands may also be stocked This may have to be verified by purchase orders and delivery notes.
5. The Prizes consist of 15 Garden Makeovers (one Makeover per winner). Each Garden Makeover will be worth approximately £7,500.
6. All entries will be judged after the 1st June and the winners shall be subject to a verification process. The winners will be contacted by 22nd June 2012.
Entry is via the official MGMT Competition entry form (which can be downloaded as a PDF from the Publican’s Morning Advertiser, the link is as follows: www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/smartlead/view/632070/4 or may be received as part of the Publican’s Morning Advertiser e-mail marketing campaign). Each entrant may be required to complete the entry details as per the steps below and send in an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org , or print off, complete and post to the competition address at (PMA to Magners Cider Garden Makeover competition, The Publican’s Morning Advertiser, William Reed Business Media, Braodfield Park, Carwley, West Sussex RH11 9RT
7. The MGMT Competition consists of the following stages:
b) Judgment of submission,
d) Verification and
e) the Garden Makeover process.
A. Entry: You will be asked to provide your first and last name, full address, city, post code, license outlet location and your phone number together with the amount of Magners products that are regularly purchased for the outlet.
The entrant must have permission from the owner of the premises or senior management before participating. The Promoter reserves the right to seek written permission at their discretion.
You will then need to state in no more than 100 words why you believe that you location should be worthy of a Garden Makeover.
In addition you will need to give the judges details of the capacity of
the pub, and provide a set of photographs showing the area in question that requires the Garden Makeover and thus the suitability of the space in question for the challenge.
The images must be taken by the entrant and ideally should be in Jpeg or PDF format.
The entries (in text or pictures) cannot be:
1. In conflict with any Alcoholic Guidelines. They should not imply, condone or encourage immoderate, irresponsible or anti-social drinking.
2. Contain violence or, negative language or/and discrimination of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, be profane or obscene.
3. Promote or be about the use of illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons, any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message.
4. Be offensive or be about hate.
5. Defame, misrepresent or contain negative remarks about the Promoter or C&C Group or its products, or other people, products or companies.
6. Contain trademarks owned by others or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses.
7. Contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media or musical "samples") without permission of the owner.
8. Contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other material identifying any person, living or dead, other than Participant, unless express permission can be shown.
9. Communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Promoter wishes to associate.
10. Depict, and cannot itself be in, violation of any law.
B. Judgment of submission: All entries will be judged by a panel of judges, one judge in the panel will be independent (from the Promoter). The judges will be looking for entrants who use their description and photograph to best demonstrate their interest, passion and desire to get a Garden Makeover for their location. The creative input within the budget of £7,500 and practical guidelines will be taken into consideration when choosing the shortlist and final 15.
By providing a submission, each Participant grants Promoter and its agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify the submission in any way, in whole or in part, in commerce and in any and all media worldwide now known or hereinafter developed, for a fixed period of 5 years and without further consideration or notice to the Participant. Submission of an Entry constitutes the Participant’s transfer to the Promoter of any and all rights, title, and interest in and to the Entry and the Entrants likeness, including, without limitation, all intellectual property rights.
Promoter is free to disclose the ideas contained in the submission on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, Promoter does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Promoter, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
The Garden Makeover cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or any other planned works.
The Garden Makeover team will be appointed by the Promoter.
By participating in the MGMT Competition the winners hereby grant the Promoter, and assign the absolute and irrevocable right and permission to photograph and video the participant, their premises, the works that are undertaken at any stage of the Garden Makeover, and assigns the absolute and irrevocable right and permission to use, re-use, publish, re-publish, publicly display, perform, transmit, exhibit, and reproduce the name of the winning company and the winners name, address, e-mail address, country of origin, statements, photographs, or other visual representations or likeness, in whole or in part, individually or in conjunction with other material, including without limitation, text, photographs, or images, in any medium including, but not limited to the internet and other electronic media, and for any and all purposes, including but not limited to advertising, publicity, promotion, and trade, throughout the UK without restriction as to manner, frequency, or duration of usage or any other purpose whatsoever in connection with the sale and marketing of products of Magners, or otherwise.
Once the new garden design is installed the licensed outlet is responsible for all of the content and items, any breakages or wear and tear. The winner is responsible for maintenance and keeping it in good order for a period of up to 12 months after the Garden Makeover otherwise the Promoter has the right, unless exceptional circumstances abound, of a refund of expenses incurred (up to the total value of the Makeover).
The Promoter will not make any cosmetic changes to the license outlet garden if the pub does not like the design after completion of the Garden Makeover.
The Promoter will not be responsible for any damage or injury to items or individuals during the Garden Makeover period or following.
No additional items will be provided by the Promoter at the request of the licensed outlets.
8. The Promoter may decline to issue, withdraw or cancel the implementation of the Garden Makeover at any time where there is reasonable belief of:
a. any breach or attempted breach of these terms and conditions and/or those relating to the optional elements;
b. more than one entry from a licensed outlet
c. any behaviour relating to the Promoter that involves theft, misconduct, abusive or offensive behaviour, or supplying false or misleading information.
9. Participation in the MGMT Competition may involve a tax liability and it is for the owner of the license outlet to check any tax liability incurred. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax liability caused or incurred by an employee or the business relating to the supply of the Garden Makeover.
10. No cash alternative for the prize is available. In the event of unforeseeable circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize or provide a reward as close to the Garden Makeover experience as possible.
11. The Promoter's decision is final in all matters pertaining to the promotion, and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. For a list of winners’ names and their counties, please send a stamped self-addressed envelope to Magners Garden Makeovers, C/O Elvis, 101 New Cavendish Street, London W1W 6XH within 90 days of the competition 1st June 2012.
13. All conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law or otherwise in relation to the Garden Makeover are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Promoter shall be under no liability whatsoever or howsoever in connection with any loss, damage or injury which is suffered as a direct or indirect result of the makeover, and the promotion except that the promoter makes no attempt to exclude or limit its liability for death or personal injury arising as a result of the negligence of the Promoter.
14. This competition is governed by English Law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
15. This competition is run by Magners GB Limited (Company No. 07063165) The Communications Building, 48 Leicester Square, London, WC2H 7LT.
Please Drink Responsibly, for the facts