Served in a bun with salad and roasted wedged potatoes(Serves 10)
Burger Ingredients:100glong grain rice20mlsvegetable oil200gonions, finely chopped1 clovegarlic, finely chopped1tsp.ground cumin0.5 tsp.ground turmeric500gextra lean British lamb mince 2eggs
Wedged potato Ingredients:1.5kgjacket potatoes50mlsvegetable oil1 tsp.garlic purée1 tsp.ground paprikaSalt and pepper to taste
- Simmer the rice for 25 minutes or until very tender, drain and place to the side. Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and fry until golden brown. Reduce the heat and add the garlic. Cook for a further one to two minutes, remove from the pan and allow to go cold.
- Purée the cooked rice, onions, garlic, cumin, turmeric and eggs in a food processor or blender. Remove from the blender and mix well with the minced lamb. Season with salt and pepper.
- Form into burgers and arrange on wax paper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make the wedged potatoes: Wash the potatoes thoroughly and cut into wedges. Rinse and dry well. Place into a clean bowl, pour in the oil, add the garlic and the paprika, season with salt and pepper and mix well. Place into a pre-heated oven 200°C or 400°F for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- To cook: Brush an oven tray with oil and arrange the burgers on the tray. Place in a moderate oven and cook for 15 minutes. Turn half way though cooking, remove and serve.