Portions:10Preparation time:10 minutesCooking time:5 minutes (per portion)
10eggs500gspinach, trimmed and washed.250gbutter500mlHollandaise sauce, warmedCracked pepper
- Poach eggs and reserve in cold water to reheat afterwards.
- To cook the spinach, heat the butter in a pan. Add the spinach, season with salt and pepper and toss for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove and place on the plate.
- To re-heat the egg, place in simmering water with a little vinegar and salt and pepper. Drain and place over the spinach. Pour over the Hollandaise sauce.
- Sprinkle over the cracked pepper and serve immediately.
1 tsp.lemon juice1 tsp.wine vinegar1 tbsp.cold waterwhite peppercorns1bay leafegg yolks250gbutter, softened
- Place lemon juice, wine vinegar, water, peppercorns and the bay leaf in a pan. Boil gently until the liquor is reduced by half. Leave until cold then strain thoroughly.
- Place the egg yolks and reduced vinegar liquor into a basin standing over a pan of gently simmering water. Whisk until thick and foamy.
- Gradually add the butter, a little piece at a time. Continue whisking until the sauce has absorbed each addition.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.