Preparation: 10 minsCooking: two hoursServes: 12
- 2.4kg trimmed, boned shoulder of lamb pieces
- 100ml sunflower oil
- 300g mirepoix of carrot and onion
- 3tsp Knorr garlic herb paste
- 125ml Knorr vegetable bouillon
- One litre Knorr Garde d'Or red wine sauce
- 400g blanched button onions
- 400g blanched turned turnips
- 400g blanched button mushrooms
- 800g blanched turned potatoes
- One tbsp fresh chopped parsley
In a large sauté pan, brown the pieces of meat, on all sides, in the hot sunflower oil.
Add the mirepoix and Knorr garlic herb paste, sauté gently for five minutes over a medium heat.
Carefully remove excess fat, deglaze the pan with the vegetable bouillon and add the Knorr Garde d'Or red wine sauce. Bring to the boil and pour into a large casserole dish.
Cover the dish with a tight fitting lid and place in a pre-heated oven, 200oC, and cook for 90 minutes.
Remove casserole add the blanched vegetables, bring to the boil, return to the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
Remove and arrange in a suitable serving dish and garnish with chopped parsley.
Supplied by Caterplan