Product: Sacla' vine-ripened tomato & basil saucePreparation time: 10 minutesCooking time: 20 minutesServes: 10
- 800g Sacla' vine-ripened tomato & basil sauce
- 225g Paxo breadcrumbs
- 900g pork loin (cut into 10 thin slices) or 10 thin-cut pork loin steaks
- 225g plain flour, seasoned
- Four eggs, beaten
- 750g trompetti pasta
- oil for frying
- 175g mozzarella block, sliced into 10 pieces
- 10 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- sprigs of basil, to garnish
Lightly dust the slices of pork with flour, dip in beaten egg then coat with breadcrumbs. Lay on trays without overlapping. Refrigerate if not cooking immediately.
Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add pasta and stir immediately to avoid sticking together. Bring to a rolling boil and cook for 10-12 minutes until just tender (al dente). Drain well, then return to the pan and add the Sacla' vine-ripened tomato and basil sauce. Heat together.
Shallow fry escalopes on a medium heat for one to two minutes on each side.
Drain on kitchen paper. Transfer to a baking tray and top each with a slice of mozzarella and two tomato halves, and bake for 15 minutes in a preheated oven at 200ºC/Gas Mark 6.
Serve with the warmed tomato and basil pasta.