Mitchells & Butlers (M&B) picked out the seven pubs in its 2,000-strong chain it says have made the biggest impact on their communities over the past 12 months.
The following regional winners each scooped at £1,000 donation for their chosen charity:
- Scotland: Murdo's, Aberdeen (Community Pubs)
- North East: Hollywood Bowl, Stockton (Hollywood Bowl)
- North West: Anderton Arms, Fulwood (Ember Inns)
- Midlands: Open Arms, Coventry (Ember Inns)
- Wales: Bryncoch Inn, Neath (Sizzling Pub Co)
- South East: Anglers, Teddington (Metro Professionals)
- South West: Red Lion, Bath (Sizzling Pub Co)
Of these, three national winners were also picked out. The Bryncoch Inn, Neath, took the National Heart of the Community Pub of the Year award, the Open Arms, in Coventry came second and the Anglers, Teddington took third place.
M&B's managing director pubs & bars Mike Bramley, who presented the awards, said: "Our pubs touch hundreds of communities across the UK everyday. These awards highlight what fantastic fundraising takes place and encourage our managers to place their pubs at the heart of their community."