The competition, now in its 30th year, recognises the country’s top licensees and this year features two husband and wife teams in the lists, both of whom were also finalists in 2014.
Finalists are judged on their ability to display business acumen, operational skills, innovation and outstanding customer services.
A judging panel of 12 industry experts will grill finalists across a number of areas, including finance, people and training, marketing, business development and industry issues.
The 2015 Licensee of the Year Award finalists are:
- Tim Tomlinson - Merchants 1688, Lancaster
- Mike Wheeler - Penwig, New Quay
- John Horton - Abbey House Hotel & Gardens, Barrow-in-Furness
- Sandy Castle - The Fatling, Hornchurch
- Tim and Liz Hore – The Victoria Inn, Salcombe
- Keith and Diane Marsden - The Prince of Wales, Mosley
John Sharratt, chairman of the judging panel said “The finalists are being judged on their ability to lead, inspire and develop the team they employ as well as themselves; so the people and training panel will be an important one.”
The winner will be announced in London on June 2nd 2015 at the BII's Summit Event.