Chef patron of the Star Inn, Andrew Pern, prepared a five-course menu for guests showcasing his longstanding pub's signature dishes over the years.
Pern, who plans to expand his business by adding new rooms to the Star in the near future and opening a fourth site in Whitby, previously told The Morning Advertiser (MA): "If you have food that people can relate to on the menus, that's half the battle. You don't want people not to know what's going on when they walk in the door."
- Grilled black pudding with pan-fried foie gras, salad of Pickering watercress, apple and vanilla chutney and Scrumpy reduction
Drinks: Estrella Damm
- 'Rockpool' of North Sea lobster, seared sea scallop and Shetland mussels with Lindisfarne oyster ice cream, caviar and seaweed velouté
Drinks: Estrella Damm and Pernshire Reserve White 2015
- Fadmoor veal 'sirloin' with Estrella Damm braised shin croquettes, morel mushrooms, wild garlic and sheep's curd, Inedit Jellies and fresh horseradish
Drinks: Estrella Damm and Pernshire Bourgogne Pinot Noir Bergundy 2015
- Dark Chocolate and stem ginger pudding with poached Yorkshire rhubarb, its own sorbet and lemon balm
Drinks: Estrella Damm and Barbadillo Perdro Ximenez
- Yorkshire cheese with fat rascals and Medjool date jam