(will serve 10)
- 125g caster sugar
- 100g brown sugar
- 225g self-raising flour
- 125g butter (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 100g Callebaut Gold Chocolate Callets or Callebaut 823 Milk Chocolate Callets or Callebaut W2 White Chocolate Callets
- 1 scoop of ice cream per sandwich
- Additional callets (for decoration)
Prep time: 20 mins
Baking temp: 160°C
- Combine the sugar and melted butter and add the flour, vanilla extract, chocolate callets and salt (to taste)
- Add the egg then mix together to form a dough
- Divide dough into 20 pieces and roll each to form a ball, flatten slightly and place on a greased baking tray
- Leave enough space around each cookie to prevent them from sticking together
- Bake at 160°C for 10 to 15 minutes, until the edges are golden but the cookies are still soft in the centre
- Leave to cool
- Sandwich together with ice cream and dot with callets before serving
NB. This recipe gives the option to use Callebaut Gold Chocolate Callets, Callebaut 823 Milk Chocolate Callets or Callebaut W2 White Chocolate Callets.
And to drink?
What better way to celebrate this tasty summer recipe than with a sparkling wine such as Prosecco. Its light, zesty flavours complement this fresh summery recipe and add a sense of fun to this hand-held treat.