- Greene King offers rent cut of 90% to support tenants for restart - Greene King tenants are set to benefit from a 90% rent reduction in the face of the ongoing coronavirus crisis, with further tapered support as a business restart gets under way, the company has announced.
- 50% of pubs in limbo over whether to reopen on 4 July - A lack of Government guidance on its expectations for the pub trade once lockdown is lifted has left the sector in limbo over whether or not they will reopen on the tentative date of 4 July.
- UKH reveals guidance for reopening - In-depth cleaning regimes and adhering to distancing rules are two of the main themes operators should consider when reopening, trade body UKHospitality (UKH) has outlined.
- Pubs should push harder on insurance, expert urges - Pubs facing challenges in claiming on their business interruption insurance policies should not give up and simply accept their insurer’s initial denial, writes Catrin Povey who leads Capital Law’s insurance practice.
- Charlie McVeigh: ‘cure is becoming worse than the disease’ - Draft House founder Charlie McVeigh has called on the hospitality industry to help the country turn the page and combat public ‘FOGO’ – the ‘fear of going out’.