- Pushing pens and pulling pints: would remote workers be comfortable working from a pub? - While around half of Brits have returned to their office in some capacity following Covid-19 lockdown, one-in-three would be comfortable doing a days’ work from a ‘pub office’ according to new research.
- Star Pubs & Bars scraps rent for pubs facing tier three measures - Heineken’s pub arm, Star Pubs & Bars, has said pubs in areas restricted by the Government’s ‘very high’ alert level will not have to pay rent.
- 1 in 7 English pubs hit with ‘death knell’ tier two restrictions - Some 5,090 of England’s 37,616 pubs will be affected by the Government’s decision to move eight regions into the ‘high’ tier of its local Covid alert system.
- Liverpool pub 'trapped between devil and deep blue sea' - A Liverpool operator has said he feels “trapped between the devil and the deep blue sea,” as he debates whether or not to close his site.
- LIVE: Lancashire council secures 'good deal' for pubs - Local leaders in Lancashire said they agreed further economic support with Government for businesses affected by the harshest coronavirus measures.
- More areas including London moved into 'high' Covid tier - Reports the capital is moving from 'medium' risk tier one to the 'high' tier two have been confirmed by health secretary Matt Hancock.
- Star Pubs & Bars fined £2m after ‘seriously breaching’ pubs code - Pubs code adjudicator Fiona Dickie has fined Heineken’s pub arm, Star Pubs & Bars, £2m for 'seriously and repeatedly' breaching the pubs code over nearly three years – a charge the operator is 'actively considering' appealing.
- Pubs in second tier 'better off closed' - Pubs in the second tier of coronavirus measures have said they would be “better off” closed as they brace for slumped trading with a household mixing ban.
- What does the Government’s new three-tier Covid system mean for pubs? - In its latest attempt to stem the pandemic tide, the Government has unveiled three new levels of lockdown measures across England – but how will pubs in different tiers be affected?