- Price rise to follow VAT increase: Three in five operators have said they will be increasing prices after the temporary VAT cut comes to and end.
- Recruiters concern over economic recovery: Nine out of 10 recruiters say the labour shortages across the sector are the biggest concern for the rest of the year.
- Hospitality vacancies soar: Job vacancies increased by 57,600 from June to August according to figures from the ONS.
- JDW slashes prices for Tax Equality Day: Wetherspoons cut its prices by 7.5% for the day to highlight the benefit of a permanent VAT cut for hospitality.
- Coronavirus recovery: Operators will not know the full extent of the impact until next April a leading pub boss has warned.
- Pricing debate: A spat on twitter with top chef Tom Kerridge throws the spotlight on menu pricing