Top gastropub the Gunton Arms in Thorpe Market, Norfolk came in at number 18 on the esteemed list.
Those looking for a luxury bolt-hole to escape to will now be able to pick from some of the best in the UK thanks to a list of the best places to stay.
The best boutique hotels in the country have been revealed following a vote of leading industry experts, revealing the best places for a luxury break. The full list from 1 to 50 with special awards is available to view on www.top50boutiquehotels.com right now.
The Top 50 Boutique Hotels list was revealed at an exclusive event, held at Andrew Pern's the Star in the City, York this week (Thursday 25 November).
The south east of England leads the way when it comes to staying over in style with 17 of the top 50 spots, closely followed by the south west with 14. However, the north of England is rapidly growing in popularity with 15 of the list and Scotland with four.
On being named number one, The Newt in Somerset head of communications Jessica Parkhouse said: "We're incredibly proud and shocked to have received first place. We're still very new to the scene, so it's incredible to get such recognition from the industry. We like to think we offer guests the complete package and it's great that people are getting what we're doing.
"You can create a beautiful space and rooms, which we have, and are custodians of our land, but it's the people in our team that really create that guest experience.
"We're quite geeky about what we do, from butchers and bakers to cheesemakers and cidermakers - everyone in our team is so passionate and enthusiastic; and it's them than make The Newt so special."
The list was established thanks to an academy of voters made up of hoteliers, industry experts, travel writers and influencers, who all voted for their top operations in order of preference.
The Boutique Hotel list follows on from the success of the Top 50 Cocktail Bars and the long running and ever-popular Top 50 Gastropubs, offering consumers the definitive guide to where to eat, drink and now sleep throughout the UK.
The staycation market is currently booming where inbound UK tourism is estimated to expand 3.8% year on year until 2025 (according to research from snaptrip.com) when the tourism industry will be worth over £257bn.
Some 24% of UK travellers (according to statista.com) would like to spend their next summer staycation in the south west with locations such as Wiltshire seeing a 343% increase in bookings year on year.
Publisher Chris Lowe said: “We’re delighted to be revealing this fantastic new list, building on the success we’ve seen with cocktail bars and gastropubs, and it’s great to be able to recognise some of the fantastic operations out there.
“The staycation market is booming, and the UK has some incredible hospitality operators that are world beating. Those looking for a great experience and a great place to stay need look no further – and if you need to find some great food, and some great drinks, have a look at www.Top50Gastropubs.com or www.Top50CocktailBars.com.”
Organising a luxury staycation has never been easier with 50 locations who offer superb accommodation, exquisite design, and exceptional comfort right at your fingertips. Specialist award categories also highlighted the best service, unique experience, and food & drink offerings.
The Top 50 Boutique Hotels list:
- The Newt, Somerset
- Grantley Hall, Yorkshire
- The Fife Arms, Braemar
- Heckfield Place, Hampshire
- Artist Residence London, London
- The Pig at Bridge Place, Kent
- The Idle Rocks, St Mawes
- Hambleton Hall, Rutland
- Yorebridge House, Bainbridge (Service Award Winner)
- Hotel Tresanton, St Mawes
- The Mandrake, London
- Applegarth Villa, Cumbria
- Chapel House, Penzance
- Padstow Townhouse, Padstow
- Watergate Bay, Cornwall
- Whatley Manor Hotel & Spa, Wiltshire
- The Queensberry Hotel, Bath
- The Gunton Arms, Norwich
- Lime Wood Hotel, Hampshire
- The Mitre, Hampton Court
- Titchwell Manor Hotel, Brancaster
- Chiltern Firehouse, London
- Barnsley House, Gloucester
- Thyme, Gloucestershire
- Hipping Hall, Lancashire
- Links House at Royal Dornoch, Dornoch (Unique Experience Award Winner)
- Middleton Lodge, Richmond
- Homewood, Bath
- Cliveden House, Maidenhead
- Gravetye Manor, Sussex
- Haymarket Hotel, London
- The Zetter Townhouse Marylebone, London
- Moor Hall Restaurant with Rooms, Lancashire (Food & Drink Award Winner)
- L'oscar London, London
- Ockenden Manor, West Sussex
- Rothay Manor Hotel, Cumbria
- The Wild Rabbit, Oxfordshire
- Foyers Lodge, Inverness-shire
- The Cottage in the Wood, Cumbria
- Strattons Hotel, Norfolk
- House of Gods, Edinburgh
- The Torridon, Scotland
- Number 38 Clifton, Bristol
- The Rectory Hotel, Wiltshire
- Beaverbrook, Surrey
- Soho Farmhouse, Oxfordshire
- The Gallivant, East Sussex
- The Yan @ Broadrayne, Cumbria
- Losehill Hotel, Derbyshire
- The Cavendish Hotel, Derbyshire