With colder months fast approaching and the summer a pandemic washout, operators are facing a real challenge – how to recoup the summer losses during the traditional winter downturn amid the ongoing corona restrictions. The MA500 will be taking a look at some of the challenges facing businesses as the weather starts to turn and speaking to some top operators that have found some innovative solutions in a bid to overcome the hurdles faced.
Due to the nature of the topics we'll be covering, coupled with the uncertainty that the coronavirus crisis has brought to the pub industry, our next MA500 Online event will be open and free to all, as part of William Reed's Hospitality Week. If you'd like to attend, simply register here.
Some of our topics to be covered include:
• Overview Panel: Opportunities to Boost Trade — Speaking to experts from CGA and Molson Coors, alongside two leading urban and rural operators, we’ll explore their predictions for winter trading and how they’re looking to maximise any opportunity.
• Outdoor Opportunity — We’ll be focusing on operators that are looking to maximise their outdoor space through a variety of innovative means.
• To Discount or Not... that is the question we’ll be putting to operators and experts to assess the risks and rewards of pulling in the punters with offers in the colder months.
• Takeaway Trade — Takeaway was the saviour during lockdown for many operators, and can we look to use that new opportunity during winter? We’ll be speaking to operators who’ve managed to maintain and build that service while reopening and trading on site.
• Party Worries — We’ll take a look at the damage the crisis has done to the Christmas party trade, and how operators are looking to recoup those losses.