Coca-Cola Enterprise's step-by-step guide to great soft drinks.
Quality and serve
The perfect packaged serve
- Ask your customer if they wish to drink from the bottle or from the glass
- Take a clean cool branded glass
- Add ice
- Pour a chilled soft drink over the ice
- Add fresh fruit and present to the customer.
- Serve the correct Coca-Cola pack for your outlet type
- Choice is becoming more important to consumers and your range should reflect this
- Look out for Diet Coke with Lemon in glass 330ml bottles coming soon.
- Food is becoming increasingly important to pubs - 33% of all on-trade occasions involve food (Alco Vision December 2000)
- Linking soft drinks with food is a great way of driving sales, particularly at lunchtime.
Visibility and merchandising
- Let your customers know about your soft drinks range by building impactful displays on the back-bar
- To create space remove all clutter from the back-bar including glasses
- Change your displays regularly to maximise impact
To run a successful promotion follow these steps:
- Agree what you want to achieve from the activity
- Make sure that you have a simple mechanic which your customers and staff can easily understand
- Agree timings and brief your team thoroughly
- Build great displays. Advertise the activity using posters, chalk boards or flyers - whichever suits your pub
- Monitor the activity and measure the success. Always remember to take down posters and displays when the promotion has finished.
Formula for success
- Stock a good range of leading brands
- Always serve packaged soft drinks chilled from the fridge
- Take care in the presentation of your soft drinks
- Make the most of food links
- Promote the leading brands