Leading suppliers to the pub trade including Brakes, Authentic Food Company and Scholler picked up trophies at the British Frozen Food Federation (BFFF) awards 2009.
With frozen food sales on the increase, the awards aim to acknowledge the best new frozen products.
The seven catering product categories are judging by the Craft Guild of Chefs. Andrew Green of the guild said: "We see an exceptional range of quality and innovative products for the catering sector year on year.
"This year was extremely difficult to judge with some really innovative products and some great traditional favourites with a new twist to them, which is really exciting to see come through."
Brakes struck gold in three categories - Best New Accompaniment/Potato/Vegetable product went to Individual Potato Gratin Dauphinoise; Best New Starter/Buffet Accompaniment wwas awarded to Brakes Brie and Cranberry Parcels; and Best New Bakery/Pastry Product made it a hat trick with La Boulangerie Treacle Toffee Apple Tulip Muffin.
James Armitage, marketing director of Brakes, said: " We are delighted to have achieved so many awards again at this year's event and are particularly pleased to have performed so well in the bakery category with our newly launched range of La Boulangerie products."
The Authentic Food Company received a gold award for its Smokey Bean and Roasted Vegetable Chilli in the Best New Meat-Free/Vegetarian Product category.
Nik Basran, managing director, said: "This acknowledges the success of our Tex Mex range and the diverse skills of our development team."
The Nestlé-owned Schöller dessert business was awarded gold in the Best New Dessert/Ice Cream/Confectionery Product for its Mövenpick VSOP ice cream. The product, which includes cognac-marinated apple pieces, was also named overall Catering Product of the Year.
BFFF Catering Gold Award Winners 2009:
- Best New Starter/Buffet/Appetiser Product: Brie & Cranberry Parcel, from Brakes
- Best New Accompaniment/Potato/Vegetable Product: Individual Potato Gratin Dauphinoise, from Brakes
- Best New Main Course/Meal Centre Product: Smoked Spice Duck Breasts, from Silver Hill Foods
- Best New Meat Free/Vegetarian Product: Smokey Bean and Roasted Vegetable Chilli, from The Authentic Food Company
- Best New Multi-Portion Product: Vegetable Lasagn, from Millifoods
- Best New Bakery/Pastries Product: Treacle Toffee Apple Tulip Muffin, from Brakes
- Best New Dessert/Ice Cream/Confectionery Product: Mövenpick VSOP ice cream, from Schöller