Beer brand Pilsner Urquell has named the 10 finalists in its prestigious UK Master Bartender of the Year programme.
The finalists will go forward for a series of mini interviews, face tests on the history of the Czech brand and be judged on its Perfect Pour technique in a bid to be crowned UK champion.
The winner will then go on to represent the UK in a global competition along with 17 bartenders from around the world in the final in Berlin.
Gillian Loudon, from Pilsner Urquell, said: "Quality, passion and dedication are just some of the elements that go in to creating Pilsner Urquell. These are attributes that we are looking for in a winner and we believe that our 10 finalists have demonstrated that through the first stage of this competition.
"As the Pilsner Urquell Master Bartender, we are looking for a person with high service standards, a commitment to quality and someone who displays the professional attributes required to represent the UK in a global arena."
The finalists are :
• Dick Atlee, The Wheatsheaf, Newcastle
• Howard Bryant, ha ha bar & grill, Milton Keynes
• Matthew Burke, ha ha bar & grill, Birmingham
• Arkadinusz Danielski, Urban Beach Hotel, Bournemouth
• Tom Foxwell, The Loft, Clapham High Street
• Carlos Laverello, The Hilary Step, Whalley Range
• Chris Milner, Browns, Leeds
• Paul McCarthy, The Brewery Tap, Leeds
• Barry Oates, ha ha bar & grill, Birmingham
• Kelly Speed, The Brewery Tap, Leeds
In addition to being crowned Pilsner Urquell International Master Bartender of the Year, the winning bartender will also win a special VIP trip to three of Pilsner Urquell's export markets to experience the beer's far reaching popularity.
The current International Master Bartender is currently UK bartender, Danny Walker.