The finalists in the Morning Advertiser's search for the Pub Chef of the Year 2010 have been announced.
Thirty four chefs are battling it out to be named category champions and vie for the overall title of Pub Chef of the Year 2010 in the Great British Pub Food Awards.
Finalists are judged through a series of 11 category cook-offs that started this week at Unilever's Knorr kitchen in Leatherhead, Surrey.
The winning chef will have the prestige of having a menu devised by him or herself served to the 300 guests attending the Great British Pub Food Awards 2010 at Plaisterers Hall, London, on 11 March.
To book your table, visit www.greatbritishpubfoodawards.co.uk.
The team category finalists are:
• Stuart Fay and Stephen Treadwell from the Bell Inn, Horndon-on-the-Hill, Essex
• James Angus Rogers and Michael Ambrose of the Dog Inn, Grundisburgh, Suffolk
• John McGeever and Matt Dean, the Montague Inn, Shepton Montague, Somerset
• Keith McDowell and Jamie Clarke of the Rose & Crown, Snettisham, Norfolk.
In the meat final are:
• David Robbins of the Abbey Inn, Byland Abbey, North Yorks; Jean-Philippe Bidar, the Millbrook Inn, South Pool, Devon
• Ross Tregidgo the Harris Arms, Portgate, also in Devon.
Pie finalists are:
• Debbie Nicholls of the Linnet, Great Hinton, Wiltshire
• Ben Burdass, the Old Ship, Ringmer, East Sussex
• Justin Brown of the Carnarvon Arms, Burghclere, Berkshire.
Curry finalists are:
• Indunil Upatissa of Noel Arms Hotel, Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire
• James Angus Rogers, the Dog Inn, Grundisburgh, Suffolk
• Philip Milner, the Orange Tree, Thornham, Norfolk.
In the poultry category are:
• Steven Myles, the Crown Inn, Roecliffe, North Yorkshire
• Debbie Nicholls, the Linnet, Great Hinton, Trowbridge, Wiltshire
• Ben Kingdon, the Cary Arms, Babbacombe, Torquay, Devon.
Reaching the fish & chips final are:
• Damien Stephen, the Pickwick Inn, St Izzy, Cornwall
• Matthew Simpson of the Three Fishes, Mitton, Lancashire
• Harry Kodagoda of the Fox, Willian, Hertfordshire.
Roast category finalists are:
• Sabi Janak at Ilkley Moor Vaults, Ilkley, West Yorkshire
• Simon Goodman, the Duke of Cumberland, Fernhurst, West Sussex
• Sam Bryant, the Kings Head, Bawburgh, Norfolk.
The finalists in the young pub chef category are:
• Chris Carter of the Bell Inn, Horndon-on-the-Hill, Essex
• Tom Puttock, the Highwayman Inn, Burrow, Lancashire
• Matthew Swinhoe of the Ye Old Sun Inn, Colton, Tadcaster.
Seafood category finalists are:
• Keith McDowell, the Rose & Crown, Snettisham, Norfolk
• Philip Milner, the Orange Tree, Thornham, Norfolk
• Matthew Alsop, the Ring O' Bells, Thornton, West Yorkshire.
The game category finalists are:
• Gavin Allcock, the Rose & Crown, Warwick, Warwickshire
• Sherrie Gadd, the Shoulder of Mutton Inn, Harrogate, North Yorkshire
• Carol Haime, the Sand-rock, Wrecclesham, Surrey.
Dessert finalists are:
• Lewis Burrell of the Kings Head, Bawburgh, Norfolk
• Mathieu Eke, the Helyar Arms, East Coker, Somerset
• Michael Weston-Cole, the Fenwick Country Pub & Kitchen, Claughton, Lancashire.
The PMA Team, Morning Advertiser editor, said: "The Great British Pub Food Awards celebrate the talented chefs whose skills and passion make pubs such fantastic places to dine in.
"The quality of entrants continues to increase year on year and our finalists have done amazingly well to reach the finals."