The tenanted pub sector is entering a new era, with the pubs code and the controversial Market Rent Only (MRO) option now a reality.
With pubcos large and small embracing diversification and with M&A activity returning to the sector, this must-attend conference examines the opportunities and the challenges ahead as well as introducing you to some the best operators you haven't yet heard of.
The future of the tenanted sector will be explored by:
- Kevin Georgel, chief executive of leading tenanted pubco Admiral Taverns
- Allan Lockhart, property director at NewRiver Retail, on its plans to develop and expand their tenanted pub portfolio after the recent high-profile acquisition of Punch and Marston's sites
- Paul Pavli, operations director at Punch Taverns, Publican Award Winner 2015, on the pubco being ‘back off the ropes' and how it is working with tenants to enhance their food offer
- Panel session - MRO: Meltdown or Real Opportunity? The panel discusses the future of the tenanted pub model in the light of incoming legislation. Panellists include: James Staughton, managing director, St Austell Brewery; Andy Slee, Punch Taverns representative in negotiations on the pubs code; Chris Wright, co-founder, Pubs Advisory Service; Greg Mulholland MP, chair of the All Party Parliamentary Save the Pub Group
- Chris Jowsey, trading director at Star Pubs and Bars, Publican Award Winner 2015, on why Star is committed to the longer lease and how this will benefit both pubcos and tenants
- James Staughton, managing director of Publican Award-winning St Austell, talks about investing and adapting to ensure the company thrives in an ever-changing market place and why tenancy relationships remain the bedrock of its business model
- Clive Chesser, Pub Partners division director at Greene King, discusses what the future holds for the tenanted sector and the newly combined Greene King Pub Partners and Spirit tenanted and leased businesses
- Panel session - Introducing the best operators you've never heard of..... yet!
This must-attend event will be take place on 10 November at the MayFair Hotel, London.
To view the full speaker programme and for further booking details visit http://www.tenantedpubcompanysummit.co.uk/