- Despite being famously a non-drinker, new Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn gave his victory speech in Wesminster pub The Sanctury on Saturday. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3233280/Paymaster-lackey-Embrace-Brothers-Corbyn-McCluskey-celebrate-victory-Westminster-pub.html
- A woman said she was too drunk to remember punching a bar worker in the face after claiming her knuckles were red because of gardening. A female victim at the Royal Victoria Hotel in Newport suffered a bruised cheek and split lip, and received £340 compensation. http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2015/09/08/shropshire-pub-worker-punched-by-drunk-woman/
- Manchester United’s new £36million striker showed he hasn’t let the big money move go to his head, after being spotted going out for dinner at Wetherspoon's. http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-uniteds-36million-starlet-anthony-6426480
- Police used pepper spray to break up a mass brawl at Wetherspoon's pub The Black Boy in Newport, Wales. One customer was punched after attempting to stop the fight while glasses were thrown, smashed and tables broken in a “very frightening incident”. One man was barred from pubs for six months. http://www.countytimes.co.uk/news/152385/police-used-pepper-spray-following-mass-brawl-at-newtown-s-wetherspoons-pub.aspx
- Merseyside pub The Chronicle is thought to be victim of arson as its porch was set on fire less than a month after a Chinese take-away next door was targeted. http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/suspected-arson-attack-bebington-pub-10017073
- A discarded cigarette butt caused a fire at The Moon Under Water in Cradley Heath, West Midlands. 15 firefighters fought the blaze at the Wetherspoon’s pub. http://www.expressandstar.com/picture-galleries/news-video/2015/09/11/watch-discarded-cigarette-butt-sparks-blaze-in-cradley-heath-pub/
- A 21-year-old man was stabbed in the shoulder trying to break up a fight in Rochdale’s Bar 409. http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/man-stabbed-littleborough-pub-fight-10051625
- A man was stabbed in the abdomen after an argument outside The Punch Bowl, Crawley. A 46-year-old Liverpool man and a 54-year-old man from Crawley have been arrested on suspicion of GBH with intent. Police are appealing for witnesses. http://www.wscountytimes.co.uk/news/crime/crawley-man-injured-after-stabbing-outside-pub-1-6947640
- A man drank two bottles of cider and three pints before crashing into a parked car. After he pleaded guilty to drink-driving, his solicitor described the ordeal as a "sobering experience" for the defendant. http://www.macclesfield-express.co.uk/news/local-news/man-drank-string-macclesfield-pubs-10051076
Meanwhile, in Australia…
A man accidentally hospitalised his brother by smashing him over the head with a chair - an attack which was aimed at an innocent customer.
The brothers' abuse backfired when one had his teeth knocked out and was cut on the head by the wayward chair. Both brothers were fined.