1. A singing duck broke its beak in a fight with a dog at The Old Court House in Chulmleigh, Devon. The owners of the performing duck fear the duck may now have given the duck a lisp, damaging its voice.
2. New Liverpool boss and self-confessed ‘Normal One’ Jurgen Klopp was pictured at a pub in the city hours after signing a deal with the reds. Klopp sat and drank with fans and the Old Blind School Bar in Liverpool One shopping centre.
3. A licensee and father-of-four was the victim of a random killing by a man who believed a car number plate instructed him to carry out the crime. Dave Jones, 46, was struck in the head repeatedly with concrete and killed in the garden of The Blossoms in Holyhead. Peter Garrod had decided the victim was ‘evil’ and that the world was going to end, the court heard.
4. A man was fined £250 for punching a love rival in The Swan in Baintree. Chelmsford Crown Court saw CCCTV footage of Murdoch Brown lashing out at Michael Gooch for starting a relationship with his former partner.
5. A woman needed surgery after a stray chair that was thrown during a pub brawl hit her in the face at the Prince of Wales in Leeds. The 24-year suffered a double fracture to her cheekbone, a fractured nose and damage to her eye.
6. An “ape-like” thug was jailed for knocking out the teeth of a man who tried to break up a fight outside the Baron’s Rest pub in Astley Village, Chorley. Stephen Lee suffered a broken cheekbone and jaw in the attack by Craig Rainford, who was “beating his chest like an ape” during the incident.