The company said Shevloff, who has also been head chef at First Restaurant Group and Al Star Lanes, had been brought in as head of food to “develop, streamline and ace the food offerings in our bars”.
In a wide-ranging update on its bar pipeline the company also said it was reviewing its opening hours across the estate with a view to extending later into the night.
BrewDog also intends to offer more takeaway options from its bars – with a widespread extension of the trial of DogTap’s Crowler machine, offering draft cans to go plus a series of integrated BottleDogs in the existing bars. The company plans to introduce the later at its Merchant City, Liverpool and Leicester sites.
Other areas of focus for 2016 include offering more beers from outside brewers across its estate and working with interior designer Kyle Cowper to develop the design of the bars to drive more daytime trade.
BrewDog also gave a site by site update on the development of new bars. It said:
- Dalston – Work starts here in a couple of weeks. Expect a BottleDog, bar and tasting room, and pilot brew kits earmarked for the public to brew their own creations!
- The Newington Fix – We are on track with our coffee and beer emporium for Edinburgh, it will be open in the New Year.
- Norwich – We now have a site in Norwich at the former Hideout Bar on Queen Street – and conversion work begins there next month!
- Southampton – Unfortunately our plans for Southampton have been delayed somewhat, but we are determined to get over the line here and will open a bar in the city next year.
- Clerkenwell – We have a new London bar in the planning, and with a quick turnaround will open before Christmas in Clerkenwell!
- Aberdeen II – Our new flagship bar for our home city is being constructed as we speak. Stay tuned!
- Stirling – Another site where work is about to commence; we have secured a location for BrewDog Stirling and work is set to begin there next week.
- York – As we have noted on the blog before, we have a site in Micklegate in this fantastic beery city, and our application is currently in front of York City council.
- Cambridge – Another city we are on the verge of announcing officially is one we have wanted to be in for a while. Expect news in the New Year about BrewDog Cambridge!
- Berlin – Turning to International Bars, we have a fantastic team in place and an amazing location in Mitte. Our first German bar is on track to hopefully be open in December.
- Turku – This is the next overseas bar that will open its doors to thirsty European BrewDog fans – we will have our second Finnish bar open for business next month!