- 15ml sugar syrup
- 25ml lemon juice
- 20ml Cointreau
- 40ml London dry gin
- 15ml egg white
- Combine all of the ingredients in a dry shaker
- Dry shake for about 15 seconds
- Add ice to the same shaker
- Wet shake for about 30 seconds until the egg white has amalgamated with the other ingredients
- Strain into a chilled glass with no garnish
The White Lady is a delicate and fluffy lemon-flavoured cocktail that is refreshing and allows the botanicals of a London dry gin to subtly shine through.
This cocktail would work well with fish dishes, such as sea bass, with lots of capers. Or, a pasta dish with a light creamy sauce.