The seven freehold pubs are based in Kent, Sussex and Surrey. Another pub is expected to complete in due course.
The pubs are:
- Chequer Inn in Steyning, West Sussex
- Crown & Anchor in Shoreham by Sea, West Sussex
- The Farm House in West Malling, Kent
- The Greyhound in Keston, Kent
- Hen & Chickens in Bisley, Surrey
- The Kings Head in Guildford, Surrey
- The Sussex Oak in Warnham, West Sussex
All the pubs will continue to operate under their current lease, and during the past fortnight, representatives from Shepherd Neame have met with the licensees to discuss transitional arrangements and future investment plans.
The completion of the sale takes Shepherd Neame’s total number of pubs to 335, of which 59 are operated under management and 269 as tenanted and leased with seven under commercial free of tie leases.
All Shepherd Neame pubs will be operated under the Voluntary Code of Practice.