While one of the ingredients in this cocktail by Aaron Smallman, brand head bartender at the Trading House, may be tricky to find, the rest should be easy.
This locally-inspired cocktail was shortlisted in the Diageo-sponsored Great British Pub Awards 2016 Spirits Pub/Bar of the Year category.
The Porn Star Martini is set to become the UK's best-selling cocktail this year, so knowing how to make a Porn Star Martini could be good for business.
Yet, with gin's ascension, making a gin twist on the Porn Star Martini could strike the right note for those consumers looking for something a little different.
The Porn Star Martini
The Wisely Wonder is a fruity little number, not unlike the original Porn Star Martini cocktail, which emits pure class and sophistication.
Serve with pink Champagne, prosecco or English sparkling wine to give the drink another edge of class and sophistication.
- Want to know the latest trends in spirits? Find out what's going on at the Spirits Summit in London on 2 October.
The cocktail was originally created for a competition as part of the Great British Pub Awards by Trading House's Aaron Smallman. The drink has become a bit of a classic since and will undoubtedly remain timeless.
It's a simple one to make, using strawberries, pineapple and pineapple sage leaves (which you can leave out if they're unavailable).
- Cost to make: c£3.75
- Sell at: +£7
- Prep time: less than 2 mins
- UK alcohol units: 2.1 (based on peach liqueur)
- 2 fresh strawberries
- 7.5ml Marie Brizard Peach liqueur
- 1 handful of pineapple sage leaves
- 25ml pineapple juice
- 15ml lemon juice
- 45ml Tanqueray gin
- Served with a shot of Hush Heath 1503 rosé Prosecco on the side
- Muddle the strawberries in a dry cocktail jar
- Add the pineapple sage laves
- Add the wet ingredients (apart from the Prosecco)
- Add ice and shake
- Strain into a Champagne saucer or Martini glass
- Serve the Prosecco shot on the side