A new list from discount website Voucher Cloud has revealed details of the most affordable lunches at venues awarded with a Michelin star.
Hand & Flowers, Marlow, Buckinghamshire – £25 for two courses, £29.50 for three courses
The country’s only double-starred pub, the Hand & Flowers offers a set lunch every day with the exception of Sunday.
The set lunch includes smoked haddock velouté with dill oil and Granny Smith apple tortellini; chicken 'jambonette' chasseur with tomato fondue, roasted shallot and soft herb crust; and ginger parkin with banoffee ice cream and milk crumble.
The Masons Arms, Knowstone, Devon – £21 for two courses, £25 for three courses
Devon-based the Masons Arms offers a plethora of dishes for diners wishing to order from its set lunch menu.
For starters, guests can choose either cream of asparagus soup or guinea fowl terrine with Russian salad.
Main courses include stuffed aubergine with goats' cheese, vegetable ribbons and chilli oil; fillet of sea bream with herb risotto and tarragon butter sauce; or pork tenderloin with polenta and grilled courgette.
To finish the meal, desserts such as a trio of Devon and Somerset cheese or panna cotta with roasted pineapple are available.
Red Lion Freehouse, East Chisenbury, Wiltshire – £24 for two courses, £28 for three courses
Michelin-starred pub with AA five gold star accommodation, the Red Lion is set on the edge of the Salisbury Plain.
The pub’s ‘prix fixe’ menu is on offer from Wednesday to Friday at lunch time and Wednesday and Thursday evening.
Venison liver parfait with red onion chutney and toast; or chicory and pear salad with stilton, toasted walnuts and mustard dressing is on offer for starter.
For the main course, diners can choose from roast Cornish pollock with herb spätzle, kale and sauce soubise; or confit duck leg with chickpea and chorizo cassoulet.
For the sweet-toothed customers, desserts include chocolate crémeux with cocoa crumbs and fleur de sel and Bramley apple crumble with vanilla custard.
The pub also offers wine pairing with the various dishes for an additional £18.
Harwood Arms, Fulham, west London – £24.50 for two courses, £29.50 for three courses
The only Michelin-starred pub in the capital and number six on the Top 50 Gastropubs list, the Harwood Arms prides itself on being “not your average gastropub”.
From Tuesday to Friday lunchtime (excluding December and all bank holidays), the pub offers its daily starter, main course and dessert from the blackboard.
Hind's Head, Bray, Berkshire – £25 for three courses
Available Monday to Saturday, diners at Heston Blumenthal’s Hind's Head in Bray, Berkshire, can enjoy powdered duck ham with beetroot carpaccio, baby turnips with an orange and hazelnut dressing to start.
As a main course, they can have shepherd’s pie with Charlotte potato and whole-grain mustard and to finish, an apple and blackberry crumble with Calvados-soaked raisins and vanilla ice cream.
Cross at Kenilworth, Kenilworth, Warwickshire - £25 for three courses
Warwickshire’s Cross at Kenilworth serves excellent food, cooked by award-winning chefs. After starting life as an inn back in the 19th century, it has recently been refurbished to reveal its original features.
Starters include pumpkin soup with chestnuts and cranberries; and wild mushroom risotto with Madeira jus.
For the main course, diners can enjoy Wiltshire pork belly with grilled broccoli, fondant potatoes and chorizo; or a fillet of Cornish hake with white green beans, flat beans and a shellfish sauce.
For pudding, there is fig leaf ice cream with black fog, honey madeleine, dried fig purée and pistachio.
Alternatively, diners can choose a caramelised apple and hazelnut tart with bay leaf ice cream and nutmeg custard.
Royal Oak Paley Street, Maidenhead, Berkshire - £28 for two courses, £33 for three courses
Available Monday to Friday, the Royal Oak offers diners either beef tartare, confit egg yolk, radish and watercress or wild mushroom risotto with Parmesan and herbs.
For the main course, there is a choice of rump of lamb with roasted squash and grilled lettuce or Cornish cod with chorizo, mussels and coco de paimpol.
Afterwards, customers can enjoy whipped chocolate and crunchy hazelnut éclair or bitter marmalade sable with vanilla ice cream and fresh orange.
The Sportsman, Seasalter, Kent – £55 for five courses
While the Sportsman does not offer a set lunch, it does offer a five-course daily tasting menu, which is a shorter version of its tasting menu.
Dishes include oysters; followed by salt-baked celeriac with apple and fresh cheese; brill fillet braised in vin jaune with smoked pork belly; roast breast and confit leg of local Aylesbury duck with spiced roasting juices; and dark chocolate and salted caramel tart with vanilla ice cream.
The full list of restaurants compiled by Voucher Cloud:
- The Elephant in Torquay, Devon
- The Ninth in Bloomsbury, central London
- Lima Fitzrovia in Regent’s Park and Marylebone, central London
- Trishna in Regent’s Park and Marylebone, central London
- Ox in Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Masons Arms in Knowstone, Devon
- Tamarind in Mayfair, west London
- Ormer by Shaun Rankin in Jersey, Channel Islands
- Jamavar in Mayfair, west London
- The Peat Inn, Fife, Scotland
- Fischer’s at Baslow Hall, Baslow
- Aquavit in St James’s, west London
- John’s House in Loughborough, Leicestershire
- Boath House in Nairn, Scotland
- Woodspeen in Newbury, Berkshire
- Red Lion Freehouse, East Chisenbury, Wiltshire
- Harwood Arms in Fulham, west London
- Kitchen W8 in Kensington, west London
- Gymkhana in Mayfair, west London
- Hand & Flowers in Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- West House in Biddenden, Ashford, Kent
- Hind's Head in Bray, Berkshire
- Restaurant Tristan in Horsham, West Sussex
- Wilks in Bristol
- Paul Ainsworth at No. 6 in Padstow, Cornwall
- Walnut Tree in Abergavenny, Monmouthshire, Wales
- Cross at Kenilworth in Kenilworth, Warwickshire
- Black Rat in Winchester, Hampshire
- Clock House in Ripley, Surrey
- Angler in Finsbury, central London
- Amaya in Belgravia, west London
- Veeraswamy in Mayfair, west London
- Social Eating House in Soho, central London
- Quilon in Victoria, central London
- Le Champignon Sauvage in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Seven Park Place in St James’s, west London
- Loch Bay in the Isle of Skye
- Murano in Mayfair, west London
- Braidwoods in Dalry, Ayrshire, Scotland
- 21212 in Edinburgh, Scotland
- Royal Oak in Bray, Berkshire
- Hambleton Hall in Oakham, Rutland
- La Dame de Pic in the City of London
- Outlaw’s at the Capital in Chelsea, west London
- Ametsa in Belgravia, west London
- Benares in Mayfair, west London
- Texture in Regent’s Park and Marylebone, central London
- L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon in Strand and Covent Garden, central London
- Tyddyn Llan in Llandrillo near Corwen in north Wales
- The Whitebrook in Monmouth, Wales
- Bohemia in Jersey, Channel Islands
- Pied à Terre in Bloomsbury, central London
- Galvin La Chapelle in Spitalfields, east London
- La Trompette in Chiswick, west London
- Trinity in Clapham, south London
- Alyn Williams at the Westbury in Mayfair, west London
- Eipic in Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Coworth Park in Ascot, Berkshire
- Gravetye Manor in East Grinstead, West Sussex
- L’Ortolan in Reading, Berskhire
- Galvin at Windows in Mayfair, west London
- Martin Wishart at Loch Lomond in Balloch, Scotland
- Martin Wishart in Edinburgh, Scotland
- Kitchin in Edinburgh, Scotland
- Portland in Regent’s Park and Marylebone, central London
- Tudor Room in Egham, Surrey
- Club Gascon in the City of London
- Elystan St in Chelsea, west London
- The Glasshouse in Kew, Richmond, Surrey
- Chez Bruce in Wandsworth, south London
- Northcote in Blackburn, Lancashire
- Forest Side in Ambleside, Cumbria
- The Cellar in Anstruther, Scotland
- Matt Worswick at the Latymer in Bagshot, Surrey
- Pollen Street Social in Mayfair, west London
- Box Tree in Ilkley, West Yorkshire
- Pétrus in Belgravia, west London
- Hakkasan Hanway Place in Bloomsbury, central London
- Purnell’s in Birmingham, West Midlands
- Adam’s in Birmingham, West Midlands
- Simpsons in Birmingham, West Midlands
- Marcus in Belgravia, west London
- Harrow at Little Bedwyn in Marlborough
- Carters of Moseley in Birmingham, West Midlands
- Céleste in Belgravia, west London
- Fera at Claridge’s in Mayfair, west London
- Dinner by Heston Blumenthal in Hyde Park, central London
- Story in Bermondsey, Greater London
- Fraiche in Birkenhead, Merseyside
- Lympstone Manor in Lympstone, Exmouth
- Yorke Arms in Pateley Bridge, Harrogate, North Yorkshire
- Dining Room at the Goring in Victoria, central London
- Waterside Inn, Bray in Berkshire
- Hélène Darroze at The Connaught in Mayfair, west London
- L’Enclume in Grange-over-Sands, Cumbria
- The Sportsman in Seasalter, Kent
- Ynyshir in Machynlleth, Powys, Wales
- Midsummer House in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
- Ritz Restaurant in St James’s, west London
- House of Tides in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Gidleigh Park in Chagford, Devon
- Restaurant Nathan Outlaw in Port Isaac, Cornwall
- Alain Ducasse at the Dorchester in Mayfair, west London
- Gordon Ramsey in Chelsea, west London
- Le Gavroche in Mayfair, west London
- Ledbury in North Kensington, west London
- Clove Club in Shoreditch, east London
- City Social in the City of London
- Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’ Saisons in Great Milton, Oxfordshire
- Bibendium in Chelsea, west London