From today (2 January) until 17 January, prices on selected ciders, beers, spirits and soft drinks will be slashed, with prices varying across the group’s almost 900-strong estate.
JDW chief executive John Hutson said: “Department stores and shops hold their sales in January so it is the perfect time to have a sale in the pub too.
“The range of drinks on sale in the pub is aimed at suiting a wide variety of tastes and I believe the January sale will prove popular with customers.”
What's on offer?
- Magners cider – 4.5% ABV
- Sharp’s Doom Bar – 4% ABV
- Shipyard American pale ale – 4.5% ABV (excluding Scotland)
- Innis & Gunn lager – 4.6% ABV (exclusive to Scotland)
- Strongbow Dark Fruit – 4% ABV
- Coors Light – 4% ABV
- Guinness – 4.1% ABV
- Gordon’s gin – 37.5% ABV
- Smirnoff Red vodka – 37.5% ABV
- Bacardi Carta Blanca rum – 37.5% ABV
- Coldwater Creek wine by the glass (175ml)
- Sauvignon Blanc Valle Central, Chile – 12% ABV
- Chardonnay, California, USA – 13.5% ABV
- Pinot Grigio delle Venezie, Italy – 11.5% ABV
- Cabernet Sauvignon Valle Central, Chile – 12% ABV
- Merlot Valle Central, Chile – 13% ABV
- White Zinfandel Rosé, California, USA – 10.5% ABV
Soft and hot drinks:
- San Pellegrino
- Monster energy
- Takeaway filter coffee and tea
Meanwhile, JDW chairman Tim Martin previously revealed that his business was not trying to kill off smaller pubs in an interview on BBC Radio 4.
Martin was interviewed on Kirsty Young’s Desert Island Discs show where the presenter asked whether he thought the small pubs that are closing are doing so “because of his big chain gobbling up the high street”.
Not killing everything off
He said: “I don’t think so because if you look at London where we have got most of our pubs, two of the most successful companies have been Young’s and Fuller’s, which have adapted themselves to our presence – and become very good indeed.
“I think you’ll find a lot of pubs have shut down in areas where Wetherspoon isn’t – small villages, suburbs, but we do better if there are other pubs and restaurants near us. So we’re not trying to kill everyone off.”