- 40ml Everyday Favourites extended life vegetable oil*
- 200g fresh onions (diced 15mm)
- 100g fresh celery (diced 15mm)
- 20g Everyday Favourites garlic purée*
- 180g fresh chorizo (diced 25mm)
- 450g Everyday Favourites easy cook long grain rice*
- 20g Everyday Favourites Cajun spice*
- 45g tomato purée
- 40g fresh red chilli (diced 3mm)
- 500g Everyday Favourites chopped tomatoes*
- 1 litre Essential Cuisine chicken stock mix
- 6g Maldon sea salt
- 5g Everyday Favourites oregano*
- 40g Everyday Favourites salted butter*
- 50 corn-battered Cajun prawns
- 300ml Lion Louisiana barbecue sauce
*Everyday Favourites available from Bidfood
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan.
- Chop the onions and celery, and fry with the garlic purée until golden and slightly translucent.
- Add the chorizo and sauté until the oil is released. Add the rice and coat it with the released chorizo oil.
- Add the Cajun spice, tomato purée, red chillies and cook for a further 5-6 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and top up with the stock, cook until almost all the water has been absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- Add the salt, oregano and butter, and stir through. Cover and leave until required.
- Fry the prawns until cooked, use five per portion, and keep warm.
- Serve the Jambalaya, top with the prawns and a drizzle of the Louisiana barbecue sauce.
Prep time: about 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35 to 40 minutes
And to drink?
Thornbridge’s 5.9% ABV Jaipur pairs perfectly with this dish thanks to its earthy, floral and bitter herbal flavour. Alternatively, jambalaya could also be served with a crisp Sauvignon Blanc.