- 135g pizza base (we use sour dough)
- 1 ladle of tomato sauce
- 30g (3 to 4) courgette ribbons
- 60g roasted aubergine
- 6 basil leaves
- 15g red onion
- 40g vegan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prep time (once dough is made): 2 minutes
Cooking time: 4 to 6 minutesMethod
- Take rolled out base
- Add tomato sauce
- Add courgette ribbons – folds and twists are encouraged to create height and volume. They will also create flavour pockets when cooking
- Add roasted aubergine
- Add basil leaves
- Add fresh red onion
- Add vegan cheese
- Season with salt and pepper
- Bake for 4 to 6 minutes and serve.
And to drink?
This pizza goes fantastically well with Rapscallion cider thanks to its crisp and refreshing hit followed by a long, lingering almost wine-like finish, making it unique.