The brewery marked the launch with a six-course tasting meal at its Bermondsey brewery, during which each beer was matched with a dish prepared by chef Jamie Halsall.
Among the dishes were Yuzu-cured mackerel with seaweed emulsion on a squid ink cracker, Sicilian Pprawns with mango, chilli and spring onion, and a Manjari chocolate ganache with coconut and caramel.
The series of beers, first announced by the brewery at the opening of its new brewhouse in February, has seen Fourpure create beers in partnership with six breweries, each from a different continent: Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America and South America.
The partner brewers include Devil's Peak in South Africa, Kyoto Brewing in Japan, Two Birds Brewing in Australia, Brasserie de la Senne in Belgium, Bear Republic Brewing Co in California, US, and Sunset Brew in Brazil.
The full list of beers is as follows:
- Asia | Kyoto Brewing Co | Temple Satsuma & Seaweed Gose | 4.0% ABV
- Africa | Devil’s Peak Brewing Company | Coastline Gooseberry & Vanilla Dry-Hopped Sour | 6.0%
- South America | Sunset Brew | Nightfall Coconut & Chocolate Imperial Stout | 9.0% ABV
- Europe | Brasserie De La Senne | Homage Dry Hopped Farmhouse Saison | 5.5% ABV
- Australia | Two Birds Brewing | Nugget Session Pale Ale | 4.2% ABV
- North America | Bear Republic Brewing Company | Nor Cal lPA | 6.5% ABV
Each beer will be released in a limited-edition 500ml can and 30-litre keg, with a small run of mixed six-packs available as well as individual cans.
Unique 'sense of adventure'
Speaking about the inspiration behind the project, Fourpure co-founder Daniel Lowe said: “Over the last few decades, brewing has changed significantly across the globe. It’s an industry that transcends language or geography, that brings people together professionally and socially, and increasingly it’s an industry that loves to share, teach and collaborate.
“The Continental Collaboration series of beers explores the unique stories born from history, heritage and a sense of adventure that has led to innovation in brewing, spanning every major continent on Earth.”
Following the launch party at Fourpure, the beers will now be showcased at pubs across the UK, starting on Sunday 17 June at The Craftsman Company, Aberdeen, and finishing back at Fourpure in London on Sunday 8 July.