- Have you heard the one about the comedy night…: Comedy is an art, and putting on a great comedy event is far from a barrel of laughs. Stand-up comic and pub gig specialist Kevin Dewsbury runs through the dos and don’ts of organising a great comedy night, and the benefits to your business.
- Return to sender: Delivery companies are the new disruptors when it comes to foodservice, but pub operators have yet to embrace the movement. MCA Insight’s Gareth Nash gives us an overview of the delivery sector, and looks at the opportunities pubs could unlock if they choose to embrace delivery.
- Crisis, what crisis? From faecal-flavoured ice to allergen confusions, pub operators can find themselves in hot water from time to time, but how you handle the pressure is key. Crisis management experts Rob Metcalfe and Simon Mowbray from MediaSmart will be providing key advice on what you need to know when the faecal ice hits the fan and the world comes calling.
- Boxing clever: Arc Inspirations CEO Martin Wolstencroft talks about his award-winning new Leeds offer – The Box – and how he applied value engineering and innovation to deliver an impressive very successful winning concept.
- Let them eat grass! Vegan and vegetarian demand is on the rise, and its not just being driven by the groups themselves. How are you adapting to meet the demands of the flexitarian and contrarian eaters? We speak to three leading operators on how they are evolving their offer.
- Employee ownership: Co-operative evangelist Damon Horrill is building a business of principle, and working hard to hand over his operation to his staff. He talks about the opportunities, challenges and advantages of staff ownership and why he see it as the future.
- Exit music: Building up a business is one thing, but when’s the right time to cash out, and what do you need to bear in mind? We talk to operators who have been there, done that, and can share their experiences and advice, including Richard Barley, former The New World Trading Company finance director and Rhys Oldfield of Be At One.
- Regeneration game: Pubs can play a vital role in regenerating the high street, but are they making the most of the opportunity? Dan Davies talks about his Rockpoint Leisure project, which ensures hospitality is an important part of the regeneration mix.
The Morning Advertiser
FREE Email Newsletter
The definitive voice for the pub trade
Get the latest news, analysis and insights from the uk pub sector straight to your inbox!