It also aims to raise the profile of premium beer and food matching as well as continue its growth in the on-trade beer market in the UK.
The chefs, five of which are from Estrella Damm Top 50 Gastropubs, will look to bring the taste of the Mediterranean to their venues across the nation through bespoke food and Estrella Damm pairings, consumer events and amplification through social media and PoS materials.
The initial group of chefs are:
- Chris Galvin from Galvin Green Man, Chelmsford, Essex
- Luke French from Jöro Restaurant, Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Paco Perez from Tast, Manchester
- Dominic Chapman from the Beehive, White Waltham, Berkshire
- Elizabeth Cottam from Home Restaurant, Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Tim Allen from the Flitch of Bacon, Dunmow, Essex
- Paul Askew from The Art School Restaurant, Liverpool, Merseyside
- Andrew Pern from the Star Inn, Harome, North Yorkshire
- José Pizarro from José Tapas Bar, Pizarro Restaurant and José Pizarro Broadgate, City of London
- Mark Jarvis from Anglo, Farringdon, central London
- Victor Garvey from Rambla, Soho, central London
- Dave Wall from the Unruly Pig, Bromeswell, Suffolk
- Aaron Mulliss from the Hand & Flowers, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- Tom de Keyser from the Coach, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
Jöro Restaurant’s Luke French said: “Estrella Damm links very well with Jöro as we both hold the same ambition to be the best for our customers and to provide the best flavours.
“I love Estrella Damm because they are at the forefront of what they do – a very popular light and refreshing Mediterranean beer in the UK – and we also provide the best products and best quality in every aspect of what we do at the restaurant.”
Galvin Green Man chef-patron Chris Galvin outlined why he wanted to get involved in pairing up with Estrella Damm.
He said: “My reason for choosing Estrella Damm in the restaurant and the dishes is its flavour.
“As a chef, flavour is what always comes first to me and I find Estrella Damm’s taste and flavours work really well with food. Just like us at Galvin, the quality of the ingredients is a priority for Estrella Damm.”
Elizabeth Cottam from Home Restaurant said Estrella Damm stands out as the beer brand that is committed to exploring pairings with food.
She added: “[This] is exciting for all of us as flavour aficionados and we are very much looking forward to exploring the possibilities that food and beer present.”
Dominic Chapman, chef-patron of the Beehive in White Waltham, Berkshire, highlighted how the beer pairs perfectly with the pub.
Taste of Mediterranean
“Estrella Damm is the refreshing Mediterranean beer that pairs perfectly with food, a trend that we are seeing more and more customers seek out in our restaurant and we can’t wait to explore this with our guests over the coming months,” he said.
The venues involved will be taking part in special events as part of the tie-up, according to consumer brand manager for Estrella Damm at Marston’s Alison Cole.
She said: “We feel privileged that so many of the UK’s top chefs are choosing to experiment with Mediterranean beer and food in their restaurants and bringing a taste of the Mediterranean to the UK with Estrella Damm.
“Each of our 14 chefs have incredible skills, passion and creativity and we are excited to be a part of their journeys as they create new relationships with consumers through innovative events and gastronomic experiences.
“We will also be supporting the chefs in their local activities, such as the design of a pintxos networking events for local organisation The Art School Restaurant in Liverpool and an Estrella Damm-branded garden terrace at the Flitch of Bacon in Dunmow, Essex.”