Revealed last night (2 July), 17 pubs were named the best in categories including Best Multiple Operator, Best Drinks offer, as well as one pub taking home the title of Pub of the Year.
The awards have been set up to recognise and celebrate outstanding operations within Ei’s portfolio, as well as champion the importance of the great British pub.
Overall Pub of the Year
However, operators of the Tap on Tower Street in Harrogate, North Yorkshire, stole the show, taking home three coveted awards, including the accolade for overall Pub of the Year.
Ei Group’s chief executive Simon Townsend said: “The standard of entries for our awards this year was exceptionally high with so many of our publicans going the extra mile to make a real difference in their communities.
“We are delighted these awards provide us the opportunity to shine a light on some of the passion and energy that our publicans put into running their businesses, and reward them for their efforts.”
The winners were:
- Ei Group Pub of the Year, the Tap on Tower Street, Harrogate, North Yorkshire
- Best Bermondsey Pub, the Three Tuns, Aldgate, central London
- Bermondsey Community Champion, the Swan, West Wickham, south-east London
- Best Craft Union Pub, the Claughton Hotel, Upton, Birkenhead, Merseyside
- Craft Union Community Champion, the Boundary, Norwich, Norfolk
- Best Community Hub, the Lion Inn, Treorchy, south Wales
- Best Drink Offer, the Tap on Tower Street, Harrogate, North Yorkshire
- Best Entertainment, the Brickmakers, Norwich, Norfolk
- Best Food Offer, the Moody Cow, Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire
- Best Marketing Initiative, the Kings Arms, Okehampton, Devon
- Best Multiple Operator, Rob and Alison Thompson from the Tap on Tower Street, Harrogate, North Yorkshire
- Best Newcomer, Phil Hoyle, London Tavern, Poulner, Hampshire
- Best Outdoor Area, the Half Moon, Kirdford, West Sussex
- Best Sports Venue, the Guildford Tup, Guildford, Surrey
- Best Turnaround Pub, the Old Swan, Earls Barton, Northampton
- Cellar Excellence, the Blue Pig, Grantham, Lincolnshire
- Lifetime Achievement, Michael Armitage, the Lion Brewery, Ash, Surrey