- More than 20% of pubs lose out on Government grants as rateable value too high - Almost 10,000 pubs have been left out of the Government’s grant scheme because they have rateable values of – or more than – £51,000.
- Star Pubs & Bars ‘providing rent relief on individual basis’ - Pub company Star Pubs & Bars is giving rent relief to its licensees on a pub-by-pub basis because it believes this will ensure its sites do well in the future.
- Pubco bosses: ‘cancelling pub rents will leave the sector in disarray’ - There are growing calls from across the sector for pubcos to cancel rents entirely during the coronavirus crisis.
- Social media uproar over 'pubco protection' - Angry commentators have let rip on social media in response to the British Beer & Pub Association boss Emma McClarkin speaking on behalf of pubco bosses, which said “cancelling pub rents” was not the solution to the ongoing crisis.
- Robinsons cancels rent until pubs reopen - Stockport-based operator and brewer Robinsons has outlined the measures it is taking to support its licensees amid the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Wells & Co not collecting commercial rent for April and May - Brewer and operator Wells & Co won’t be collecting commercial rent from its licensees for the next two months amid the coronavirus outbreak.
- Licensees can claim duty credit on wasted beer - Operators can claim credit for ullage on unsold beer, which could potentially save pubs “a fortune”, it is understood.
- Baby delivered in empty pub in ‘surreal moment’ for operator - A pub manager has described the surreal moment a baby was delivered in his empty pub last week.