- One-metre rule saves Danish pub from ‘impossible’ 70% capacity cut - After reopening under one-metre social distancing, a gastropub operator in Denmark’s capital has revealed that it would have been ‘impossible’ for his businesses to turn a profit had measures not been reduced from two metres.
- Two-metre distancing to stay despite cut calls from MPs - Housing minister Simon Clarke has revealed the Government intends to maintain two-metre social distancing despite calls from the hospitality sector and senior MPs for its reduction.
- Young’s planning to open all pubs on 3 August - South-east-based pub group Young’s is looking to reopen all its sites later this summer (3 August), it has announced.
- There’s no gold medal for reopening pubs first - Jayson Perfect says the tide is turning when it comes to reopening locked down sites at Channel Islands-based pub group Liberation – if only there was a word to describe the action of setting them free?
- Liberation Group reveals first eight pubs to reopen post-lockdown - Channel Islands-based pub operator Liberation Group has revealed which of its pubs on Guernsey and Jersey will reopen first amid the lifting of Covid-19 lockdown restrictions.
- ‘It is strongly in the public interest that the streets are reclaimed by experienced, licensed operators’ - There is not a publican alive who is not praying to all that is holy for a 4 July reopening – and doesn’t the date have a special resonance, with an aroma of liberty, courage and festivity?