- Face coverings 'right thing to do' - Publicans have shared their experiences with face masks at their sites, reporting positive reactions from customers and staff.
- Government ‘not mandating face masks in pubs’ - Face masks will not be made compulsory in pubs, environment secretary George Eustice has confirmed.
- Registration for Eat Out to Help Out Scheme now live - Operators can now register their pubs on the Government’s Eat Out to Help Out Scheme with the website available from Monday 13 July.
- Majority of customers feel safe returning to pubs - Almost all (99%) customers said they felt safe visiting a pub while 98% felt comfortable about returning to one in the future, a new survey has found.
- What is the Government's guidance for post-lockdown pubs? - Risk assessments, customer and employee safety, and how to manage toilets are three of the points made in the Government’s guidelines on how pubs can reopen on 4 July.
- What do post-lockdown pubs need to know about cleaning and PPE? - What does the Government's guidance for the post-lockdown hospitality sector tell pub and bar operators about personal protective equipment (PPE) and cleaning routines?
- Kerridge slams ‘disgraceful’ no shows - Celebrity chef and pub operator Tom Kerridge has hit out at customers who failed to show at his London venue.
- Pub boss slams 'damaging and heartless' no shows - The head of a city-based pub group was left feeling “incredulous” following a number of no-show bookings on the first weekend of trading after the Covid-19 shutdown.