If so, you could be in with a chance of winning vital funding for your pub, as well as being celebrated as one of The Morning Advertiser’s Great British Pub Awards Pub Heroes 2020.
We’re looking for heroes across a range of categories, including pubs that have helped to put a roof over the heads of people in need during the crisis.
Ed Bedington, editor of The Morning Advertiser, said: “Our Sheltering the Community category is looking at pubs that have stepped up to offer room and board to people who didn’t have an alternative.
“Whether that’s providing housing for homeless people in the community, or vulnerable members of society, or providing secure accommodation for front line workers who were unable to return to their families.
“We want to hear your stories and get your entries in to celebrate the great work that pubs have been doing throughout the crisis, no matter the impact the situation has had on their own operations.”
You can enter the Sheltering the Community category now at www.greatbritishpubawards.co.uk and the winner will not only receive £1,000 from Coca Cola to put towards a charity of their choice, but also the opportunity to bid for a £10,000 grant towards a business improvement upgrade or community project of your choice.
The full list of categories in the competition are:
- Feeding the Community – A pub that has kept their community fed
- Front-Line Support – A pub that has supported the NHS and other front-line workers in a variety of ways
- Staff Welfare – A pub that has gone above and beyond to look after their teams
- Community Mindfulness – A pub that has supported the community’s mental health
- Community Services – A pub that has looked after vulnerable customers
- Business Continuity – A pub that has found innovative ways to continue to deliver its services during the lockdown
- Pub Shop – A pub that has pivoted to provide essential supplies to its local community
- Charity Champion – A pub that has raised money for charity despite the lockdown
- Keeping the Community Entertained – A pub that has continued to provide vital entertainment to its community – virtual quizzes, concerts etc
- Sheltering the Community – A pub that has provided a room for someone in need
- Punch Pub Hero of the Year
- Admiral Pub Hero of the Year
- Greene King Pub Hero of the Year
- Star Pubs & Bars Pub Hero of the Year
- Ei Publican Partnerships Pub Hero of the Year
Entries are open until this Friday July 24 and the competition is sponsored by Booker, Coca-Cola European Partners, Heineken UK, Diageo, Sky, EI Publican Partnerships, Admiral, Star Pubs & Bars, Punch Pubs and Greene King.