The package of pubs makes up more than a tenth of Wadworth’s portfolio across the south west and London.
The sites that have been sold to Liberation Group are primarily across Gloucestershire, Hampshire and Wiltshire.
This follows the sale of 18 Wadworth leased and tenanted pubs to Red Oak Taverns in August 2019.
Wadworth chairman Charles Bartholomew: “I can confirm we have exchanged contracts to sell 21 pubs to the Liberation Group.
“We are working with our teams in each pub to enable the seamless transition to Liberation to take place over the next four weeks.
“I would like to sincerely thank all of our people in these 21 pubs for their significant contribution to Wadworth over many years.
“All Wadworth employees in the managed sites will transfer to Liberation under the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations (TUPE).
“I am in no doubt that these pubs will continue to thrive under their new ownership and remain central to the local communities that they serve”.
Liberation Group chief executive officer Jonathan Lawson said the company had worked closely with Wadworth amid the sale.
He added: “We are delighted to be welcoming the teams of these fantastic pubs to join Liberation Group and Butcombe Brewing Co.
“We have worked closely with Wadworth to ensure that the sites we’re bringing into the Liberation Group family are the best fit for us and that the transition is smooth and successful.
“With the support of Caledonia, our ultimate shareholder, we look forward to maximising the opportunities we believe these sites present via a blended approach to the offer and environment of these pubs delivered by their great teams.”
Full list of pubs in the sale:
- Avon Causeway Hotel, Christchurch, Dorset
- Badminton Arms, near Bristol
- Beckford, Beckford, Worcestershire
- Beehive, Caterton, Oxfordshire
- Bird in Hand, Reading, Berkshire
- Cotswold Gateway, Burford, Oxfordshire
- Crown Tolldown, Dyrham, Gloucestershire
- Dean Park Inn, Bournemouth, Dorset
- Fish, Ringwood, Hampshire
- Fleet, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire
- Fleur De Lys, near Bath
- Fox and Hounds, Theale, Berkshire
- George Norton St Philip, near Bath
- Goat & Tricycle, Bournemouth, Dorset
- Hadley Bowling Green, Worcestershire
- High Corner, Ringwood, Hampshire
- Kings Arms Hotel, Melksham, WIltshire
- Mill, Haslemere, Hampshire
- Penny, Bristol
- Victoria Arms, Old Marston, Oxfordshire
- White Hart, Wroughton, Wiltshire