- LIVE: 5-day Christmas rule break could mean 25-day lockdown, PHE advises - The Morning Advertiser (MA) will bring you the latest news and reactions on its live blog, during the second national lockdown in England.
- CGA: ‘We will pull through this crisis’ - The sector is living through its toughest period in eight years, but consumer data proves it will pull through, CGA chief executive Phil Tate has said.
- 2m distancing suggestion 'fundamentally idiotic' - It would be “fundamentally idiotic” for pubs to operate with two metres between tables, a pub company boss has said.
- Week's warning before lockdown lift essential - Firms need a clear exit strategy and guidance when coming out of the second lockdown with at least seven days' warning, one business organisation has urged the Government.
- UK economy rebounds from recession with record growth - Though not enough to reverse the damage caused by the ongoing pandemic, the UK's economy saw record growth of 15.5% from July to September according to latest figures.
- Pubs benefiting from 'staycation' trend - With Brits found to be looking for beach and country escapes closer to home this summer, pubs have risen to the opportunity for more domestic holiday trade according to organisations representing the tourism sector.
- Record-breaking flurry of staycation bookings to help pubs thrive in the ‘new normal’- A number of pub operators with sites at some of Britain’s most popular tourist spots believe a recent spike in staycation bookings will prove ‘critical’ in their recovery from Covid-19.
- Christmas stocking: which drinks should make pub and bar operator lists this year? - Though drink sales in pubs traditionally snowball over Christmas, the ongoing pandemic means that, more than ever, strong seasonal returns will be far from gift wrapped when venues reopen.