- Tier drop: what impact could the new Covid-19 alert system have on pubs? - The day after another 696 coronavirus-related deaths were recorded across the UK – the highest daily total since start of May – the Government has cooked up a new three-tiered trifle to force feed the embattled on-trade.
- More than 36,000 pubs to be placed in highest two tiers - Some 36,823 pubs will be under the two strictest tier restrictions when national lockdown measures are lifted next week (Wednesday 2 December).
- Government needs to wake up and stop pointing the finger at pubs - The howls of anger continue to grow from a hospitality industry that continues to feel victimised and targeted by political leaders who refuse to justify their arguments with science.
- Christmas bubble plan ‘makes mockery’ of trade - The Government’s proposed plans to ease restrictions and allow people to form a “Christmas bubble” makes a mockery of the additional measures on pubs, one trade body has stated.
- New tiered rules ‘killing Christmas and beyond’ for trade - The new restrictions on how pubs can operate in the tiered system once lockdown is eased will mean closures and further job losses, a trade body has said.
- 11pm curfew and new tiers confirmed - Pubs will face a raft of new rules including an 11pm curfew and a change in local tiered restrictions when lockdown is eased, Prime Minister Boris Johnson has announced today (Monday 23 November).