- Thousands more pubs plunged into tier 3 - Many more pubs will be forced to close for Christmas, with the exception of offering takeaways, as eight more regions are moved into tier three.
- Hospitality worst hit sector for job losses - The hospitality industry has been the hardest hit by redundancies this year, latest official figures have found.
- Seasonal goodwill or small beer: What financial support is available to Britain’s pubs this winter? - Following Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s announcement of a £1,000 spur for England’s “wet pubs” ahead of a Commons vote on new Covid-secure tiers, The Morning Advertiser rounds up what funding is available across the UK.
- Furlough extended to end of April 2021 - The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS) will be extended by a further month to the end of April 2021, the Chancellor has announced.
- Almost three quarters of Brits believe hospitality has been harshly treated amid pandemic - New research has claimed that the majority of the British public sympathise with hospitality business operators over the way they’ve been treated during the Covid-19 crisis.
- Tier drop: what impact could the new Covid-19 alert system have on pubs? - The day after another 696 coronavirus-related deaths were recorded across the UK – the highest daily total since start of May – the Government has cooked up a new three-tiered trifle to force feed the embattled on-trade.