- LIVE: 'Substantial meal requirement will not return' - As pubs face a winter of closures, The Morning Advertiser will bring you the latest updates and reaction on this live blog.
- 'No correlation' between Eat Out to Help Out and infection numbers, says Treasury - The Treasury has defended its Eat Out to Help Out scheme to critics who blamed the discount meals initiative for driving up infection rates.
- 'We really need to see some announcements coming from Government soon' - Roxane Marjoram, who operates five pubs under Suffolk-based Gusto Pronto, explains how the business has adapted to Covid conditions and that she now hopes the Government can break away from a ‘stop-start’ pandemic timeline.
- Pubs with rooms anticipate holiday boom - Pubs with rooms are hoping to benefit from a domestic tourism trend this summer, although some operators say they are worried about a drop in trade.
- National rather than regional tiers being considered by PM - Pubs could reopen under national restrictions instead of regional measures, Prime Minister Boris Johnson has proposed.
- 76% of operators want to reopen later with no restrictions, according to survey - Three quarters (76%) of business leaders would prefer to reopen their venues later in the year without any restrictions in place, a trade survey has found.
- Health experts' claims ‘hospitality not Covid hotbed’ comes as ‘no surprise’ - Claims from local public health directors that hospitality venues are not a big risk of coronavirus transmission should come as no surprise, one trade body has said.
- No idea on pubs’ place in reopening pecking order - The Government has not indicated the point at which hospitality will open when the country lifts from lockdown, but it is understood sector leaders and ministers are discussing what restrictions will be in place once pubs and bars reopen.
- 'Unviable' and 'catch 22': operators share thoughts on post-lockdown tiers - Wet-led licensees said they are bracing themselves for months of extended closure as they fear it will not be viable to reopen under another tiered system of restrictions even if permitted.