- LIVE: City Council praised for extra pub fund - Coronavirus latest: the British Institute of Innkeeping has said it hopes other local authorities will follow one city council's example in helping pubs.
- Restart Grants 'difference between survival or failure' for many pubs - Operators who are yet to receive a Restart Grant have said they feel local authorities’ slow approach is hampering their chance of recovery.
- Baby it's cold outside... - The Lock In team tackle the first week or so of trade, how to handle freezing customers, and speak to special guests Brendan Padfield of the Unruly Pig, and Elaine Wrigley of Atlas Bar to hear their experiences of reopening to date. We also tackle some of the legal challenges operators have been facing with legal eagle James Anderson of Poppleston Allen. Tune in now!
- Reopened Oakman pub takings up more than 50% on pre-pandemic sales - Hertfordshire-based multiple operator Oakman Group has revealed that sales during its first week of post-lockdown trade trump equivalent 2019 takings.
- Just a quarter of licensed venues reopened for outdoor trading - Around 23.2% of England’s 89,963 licensed premises were trading by Thursday 15 April, figures have found.
- ‘Trade on its knees – we are just trying our best in difficult circumstances’ - The first week of pubs being allowed to reopen for outdoor trading only has seen operators pivot once again in order to serve customers.
- 'We couldn't have taken any more money' - Operators recounted a positive first week of outdoor trading amid high demand but said they faced challenging circumstances.
- Drinks sales outperform food on first day of outdoor trading - Pubs with outside areas that were permitted to trade on Monday 12 April saw drinks sales up on 2019 figures.
- Social distancing rules could see 'end of tipping' - A sector-wide fair tipping policy should be introduced after Covid restrictions mean venue staff are likely to be tipped less, campaigners have argued.
- Customers turn up in ‘ski jackets and hats’ to back pub - Pubgoers have not been deterred by cold weather and snow showers, according to one operator who reopened this morning.
(Image credit: ANGHI/Getty Images)