The pub and brewing business secured working capital from its lenders - Barclays, HSBC UK and NatWest – at the end of the last year.
Outdoor terraces at the Old Success (Sennen Cove), the Masons Arms (Branscombe), the Victoria Inn (Salcombe), the Shipwrights (Padstow) and the Globe (Topsham) have all had extensive refurbs.
The Port William (Trebarwith Strand) and the Oystercatcher (Polzeath) both have new retractable roofs above their gardens, allowing diners to eat out whatever the weather.
The brewery will reopen the Hope & Anchor in Hope Cove next month, which has been closed since February 2020 as a result of flood damage. The newly refurbished pub, with bedrooms, is set to become one of the company’s flagship sites. Its outdoor space, with waterside views, has been completely transformed, ready for the busy summer period ahead.
Kevin Georgel, CEO, St Austell Brewery said: “Securing this working capital from our lenders has enabled us to look forward with confidence, underpinning our progressive plans for the future.
“We’re delighted to have been able to invest this funding in our managed pub estate, to ensure that we are well positioned to meet the evolving needs of our customers.
"As a business, it is so important that we adapt our offering to changes in the market and consumer behaviour, while ensuring that we continue to deliver a warm welcome and great hospitality. We can’t wait to welcome guests back to our newly improved beer gardens and provide them with the best possible alfresco experiences.”
St Austell Brewery’s managed pubs which reopened are:
- · The Ship, Plymouth, Devon
- · The Victoria, Salcombe, Devon
- · Haveners, Fowey, Cornwall
- · Chain Locker, Falmouth, Cornwall
- · The Rashleigh, Charlestown, Cornwall
- · The Harbour, Porthleven, Cornwall
- · The Fort, Newquay, Cornwall
- · The Shipwrights, Padstow, Cornwall
- · The Central, Newquay, Cornwall
- · The Old Success, Sennen, Cornwall
- · The Oyster Catcher, Polzeath, Cornwall
- · The Port William, Trebarwith Strand, Cornwall
- · Pedn-Olva, St Ives, Cornwall,
- · Mill on the Exe, Exeter, Devon
- · The Masons Arms, Branscombe, Devon
- · Harbour Light, Paignton, Devon
- · The Old Market House, Brixham, Devon
- · The Globe, Topsham, Devon