- Sacha Lord threatens legal action over 19 July delay - A coalition of more than 45 hospitality and events bosses have written to the Prime Minister threatening legal action if 19 July’s reopening is pushed back.
- Deltic bought out of administration by Nordic group Rekom UK - Late-night operator Deltic has been taken over by nightlife group Rekom UK for an undisclosed sum, bringing 42 of the group's 52 bar and club sites out of administration.
- Deltic on the brink of administration - Britain’s largest nightclub operator, the Deltic Group, has filed a notice of intention to appoint administrators.
- Night clubs 'unfortunate, unnoticed casualties' of coronavirus - While the existential crisis facing night clubs hasn’t occupied as many column inches as the plight of pubs, a number of sector stakeholders believe that lights out for late nights out would change not just the complexion of the hospitality sector, but of British culture.
- Night-time economy ‘at risk of becoming extinct - Businesses operating in the late-night sector are facing the possibility of becoming extinct, research has highlighted.
- Pub bosses mull future of masks - Pub bosses are considering whether or not to ask or require staff to wear face coverings beyond 19 July as 38% say they will ask staff to continue.
- Inception Group: isolating staff is 'number one concern' - Recovery for Inception Group’s central London sites will not be “an overnight big bang,” according to the group’s co-founder.
- ‘Freedom Day’: ‘After numerous false promises, I will only believe it once I see it’ - Boris Johnson’s announcement on Monday (5 July) was obviously a positive one for the hospitality industry and many others who have been repeatedly devastated by the ongoing restrictions and lockdowns that have been imposed on our country.
- PM to announce end of restrictions - Prime Minister Boris Johnson is to set out how he will “restore people’s freedoms” by removing all Covid measures including face-covering and social distancing laws.