- NI increase a burden: A rise in national insurance contributions will be yet another burden on a heavily taxed industry.
- JDW hit by bread shortage: Pub chain JD Wetherspoon continues to find itself facing shortage challenges as supply chains struggle, this time in bread, hitting it's breakfast offer.
- Covid passports in Scotland: The Scottish Government's plans to enforce vaccine passports in nightclubs has been lambasted by sector bodies.
- Kegs caught in supply crisis: Keg supplies are being hit by the transport crisis that is ravaging the pub and hospitality sector.
- Furlough figures: The hospitality sector has seen the biggest drop in workers on furlough this summer, but the trade still has more than a quarter of a million jobs on the scheme.