Sponsored by Sky, the Licensee of the Year competition is widely regarded as the most rigorous and hard-fought award for individual licensee operators in the UK.
Since the launch in June this year, those working in the licensed trade were encouraged to enter on the basis of their involvement in their communities over the past 18 months, as well as in recognition of their resilience and diversification too.
The BII said that this year, the entries and quarter-finalists have been of a particularly high standard, making it even more difficult for the team of judges to make decisions that lead us onto the next stages of the award.
Judges, Sue Allen and Paul Pavli (both working as Hospitality Consultants) are now making their way across the country to meet all Semi-Finalists in person to experience their businesses first hand.
Steven Alton, BII CEO said: "Our Licensee of the Year Award is the most prestigious and hard fought award, showing the excellence in our sector; our Semi-Finalists are of a fantastic standard.
“We are proud that the awards process this year, more than ever, is offering a value added experience to all those involved with business insight and the chance to evaluate your business available at every stage from mystery diner visits and feedback, right through to our final judging day at Sky HQ."
The Finalists will be announced in the week commencing 11 October 2021.
All six finalists will be presented with a trophy at the BII Winter Event on the 23 November, where the winner of Licensee of the Year 2021 will be crowned.
The 2021 Licensee of the Year semi-finalists are as follows:
- Esther Sutton - The Oval Tavern, Croydon, south London
- Victoria & Gavin Hunt - The Lodge, Dereham, Norfolk
- Matt & Ellie Furzeman - The White Lion, Wigan
- Sean White - The Queens Head, Pinner, Middlesex
- Jason Black - Pityme Inn, Wadebridge, Cornwall
- Mick and Sarah Dore - The Alexandra, Wimbledon, south west London
- Colum & Anne-Marie McCarthy - The Greyhound Hotel, Carshalton, Surrey
- Richard Edwards - The Potters Arms, Amersham, Buckinghamshire
- Joanna Whalley - Wigan Central Bar, Wigan, Greater Manchester
- Gavin Price - Fountain Bar, Aberfeldy, Perth and Kincross
- Emma & Terry Cole - The Royal Oak, Chapel Ash, Wolverhampton
- Tom & James Bainbridge - The White Hart, Welwyn, Hertfordshire
- Stephen and Rebecca Prince - The Grey Mare, Belthorn, Lancashire
- Andy Coleman - The Cork House, Stansted Mountfitchet, Essex
- Daniel Pilley - Nine Jars, Haverhill, Suffolk