The Great British Pub Awards 2022 recognises excellence across the UK pub sector, shining a light on the best operators in the business and the best sites up and down the country.
The competition which has been running for more than three decades now, honours pubs across a number of different categories, from best family pub, to best pub garden, with all the winners then entered into the running to be named the Great British Pub of the Year 2022.
Ed Bedington, editor of the Morning Advertiser, which organises the awards, said: “These awards really are the ones to win if you’re running a pub. It recognises the best sites in the business and can give your operation a real shot in the arm.
“The sector has been through a challenging time, and there’s more hurdles on the horizon, but to be in the running for the chance of a crack at a Great British Pub Award is a great way to really give your business a boost.
“Winning an award not only gives recognition to your staff, and rewards them for doing a great job, but also gives your customers a boost, knowing their local is the best in the business, not to mention bringing fresh customers in to check your award winning operation out. These awards really do put bums on seats and pride in teams.
“But you’ve got to be in it to win it, so if you’re not entering, you’re absolutely missing out on a great opportunity to supercharge your operation. Enter now!”
There are three new categories in this year’s competition, alongside the regular categories. These include Best Sustainable Pub, Best Country/Rural Pub and Best City/Urban Pub.
To enter the awards, visit: https://greatbritishpubawards.co.uk/
Deadline for entries is 22 May.
The full list of categories to enter are:
- Best Pub Garden
- Best Pub for Entertainment
- Best Pub for Food (sponsored by Booker Makro)
- Best Pub for Dogs
- Best Pub for Sport
- Best Pub for Families
- Best Pub Chef (sponsored by Booker Makro)
- Best Young Pub Chef (sponsored by Booker Makro)
- Community Hero
- (NEW) Best Sustainable Pub (sponsored by Heineken UK) – Open to all pubs that are doing a great job when it comes to improving their environmental footprint. Judges will be looking for sustainable practices throughout the operation of the business, from food and drink sourcing, to waste and energy reductions practices.
- (NEW) Best Country/ Rural Pub – Open to all pubs in a rural/village setting. This is for a pub that is doing an exceptional job across the board, offering high standards with its overall offer and great service in superb surroundings that caters for their target market
- (NEW) Best City/ Urban Pub – Open to all pubs in a urban/city setting. This is for a pub that is doing an exceptional job across the board, offering high standards with its overall offer and great service in superb surroundings that caters for their target market.
We'll also be judging entries from the UK's top pub companies. These are:
- Best Admiral Pub
- Best Stonegate Pub
- Best Greene King Pub
- Best Punch Pubs & Co Pub
- Best Marston’s Pub
- Best Star Pubs & Bars Pub
Bedington added: “There’s a wide range of categories to go for, and I’d urge all operators across the UK to get their entries in now, and you could be in with a chance of being crowned the best in the business.”
The awards are kindly sponsored by: Admiral Taverns, Booker Makro, Greene King, Heineken UK, Marstons Pub Company, Punch Pubs & Co, Star Pubs & Bars, Stonegate Group.